Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Google Earth

I learned a lot about Google Earth because I had never used it before. I think this tool would be beneficial because students can have the opportunity to explore and visualize places that they cannot realistically travel too. It helps you to get a picture in your mind of what you're learning about and can provide other information to go along with the images.
One link I found took you on a tour of the Grand Canyon. I loved this because it shows you how big the canyon actually is, as you follow along, while showing you more close-up and detailed pictures at the same time. There is also a link you can click on that provides you with some good information and facts about the Grand Canyon and how it was formed. This could be valuable for students learning about geography and landforms.
http://www.teodorfilimon.com/index_files/around_the_world_with_google_earth_kmz_directory.htm

No comments:

BYU Events - Arts