Several types of technology can be found in in Miss Van Dam's classroom. There are 6 computers, a scanner, a digital camera, TV, VCR, 2 DVD players, a CD player, as well as a listening station with head phones and CD player. The only thing this teacher wishes she had for her classroom is a projector.
Miss Van Dam incorporates and uses technology quite frequently in her classroom. I personally think this is mostly due to the fact that it is only her second year teaching elementary school and she is a lot more comfortable and familiar with technology.
She does a lot of powerpoint presentations and her students type a lot of their writing assignments on the computer in Microsoft Word. Miss Van Dam also does several webquests with the kids. Her students are currently working on an "All About Me" powerpoint.
I can see the importance of incorporating technology into the classroom environment and lesson plans. Kids can benfit greatly from it. I feel that I am comfortable with using technology mostly because of my background and experience with it in my former school years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment